Tai Chi for Arthritis, Fall Prevention, Seated TCA, TCA2 Instructor Certification and Updates with Heather Chalon, MPH
When and Where
|Date:||16th - 18th Mar, 2019|
|Time:||check in opens at 8:30, workshop 9-5 each day|
|Address:||Harmony Hospice of Tucson
1200 North El Dorado Place, STE B- 200
Two Day Overview: Plus Optional Day 3 (along with Day 2, to add TCA2 certification).
DAY 1 and Day 2, Tai Chi For Arthritis for Fall Prevention (includes TCA and Seated TCA for those who are prepared in advance of the workshop) Instructor Qualification Training.
DAY 3 (Optional), along with Day 2 of TCAFP for adding TCA2 certification.
This workshop is designed to train participants to safely and effectively instruct the form to others. An application form, questionnaires (TCA, TCAFP, STCA), and release will be sent to all who register. It is also suitable for those seeking Update/Re-certification in TCA, TCAFP, STCA and for those who are already TCA/TCAFP certified to add TCA2 certification.
It is required that participants acquire and study the required Tai Chi for Arthritis DVD (2 DVDs) and Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book prior to the class. If pursuing TCA2 certification, then that DVD must also be acquired and studied.
All participants will receive a certificate.
Those who meet the requirements for certification will receive "Instructor Certification” with an invitation from Dr. Paul Lam/ Tai Chi for Health Institute to register online to become Board Certified Instructor with Tai Chi for Health Institute. Board Certified Instructor Annual fee (Australian $25, approx. US$19) is paid after workshop to TCHI
Those who need more time to be prepared will receive Participant certificate.
Includes light snacks both days, morning and afternoon.
When registering online: If you are already a certified TCHI instructor, you will need to login to the TCHI.org website before you register for this workshop. Use the "Lost Password" link to reset you password if you are having difficulties logging onto this website.
Required Training Materials for Certification: Not included in registration fee. Teaching Tai Chi Effectively (TTCE) book. Tai Chi for Arthritis DVD. A 20% discount code will be sent to participants upon receipt of registration and payment. Or, if your organization has arranged to provide the materials, they will be sent to you.
Best Results: A minimum of 20 hours practice per course with the applicable DVD is recommended for the best learning experience.
Continuing Education Credits/Units: CEUs for Physical Therapists (PTs & PTAs), Occupational Therapists (OTs & OTAs), Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Licensed Mental Health Technicians (LMHTs), and CECs for American College of Sports Medicine Certified Professionals (ACSMPs). Additional fee applies.
Additional Re-certifications/Updates: Re-certification is every 2 years. $40 per additional update in addition to the TCAFP workshop fee. For those who are already certified in the following programs and are in need of re-certification: Tai Chi for Arthritis, Seated Tai Chi for Arthritis, TCA2, Tai Chi for Rehabilitation, Tai Chi for Energy, contact Heather directly to pre-arrange for assignments to be sent to you and for you to have them completed prior to the workshop. Be prepared to demonstrate without assistance, the relevant forms and warmups /cool down exercises.
Assignments must be completed and returned to Heather at Heather@HeatherChalon.com and approved, prior to the workshop.
DAY 1 and DAY 2: Tai Chi for Arthritis (TCA), Tai Chi for Fall Prevention (TCAFP). Same program, emphasis on different modules for Arthritis/Chronic conditions, and/or specific to Falls Prevention.
- Training / New Instructor Certification. Cost $255/person. Add Seated Tai Chi for Arthritis Certification for $50/person, brief pre-workshop assignment due, via email, two weeks prior to workshop(includes reviewing and practicing with DVD and becoming familiar with content of TTCE book) . Add TCA2, attend Day 3 = $365.
- Recertification/Update - DAY 2 REQUIRED. (HIGHLY recommend attendance on DAY 1 and DAY 2, same fee. The program and TCHI evolve, spending two days to update skills, connect with community has been shown to enhance instructor's experience when teaching in home community). Cost $150/person. Add TCA2 certification, attend Day 3 = $265
- Just for Fun (participation only, no instructor certification). Cost $125/person (2 days), $175 for 3 days.
- Continuing Education Credits/Units Available. Cost $40.00 for 14 contact hours (2 days), $55 for 21 contact hours (3 days)
- additional updates, $45 each. must arrange for updates assignment, to be submitted and approved prior to workshop.
- TCA2 certification - March 17-18 complete additional written pre-workshop questionnaire, practice forms from DVD "Tai Chi for Arthritis 2". Already TCA/TCAFP certified, attending TCA2 only, Day 2 and 3, $180.
CANCELLATION FEE. $50.
Payment: You will not be asked for payment when you submit registration. You will be emailed a confirmation. If your fee is being paid by an organization, please make a note in the comments area at registration.
Or, Please make payment:
1) Mail check or money order to
Heather Chalon 1700 E River Road #64422
Tucson, Arizona 85728
2) Credit Card Payment can be made directly via Pay Pal, Send Money option, select email address email@example.com. PayPal will email a receipt. If an invoice is required for payment processing, email Heather.
Harmony Hospiceo of Tucson
1200 North El Dorado Place, STE B- 200, Tucson, AZ 85715
Signs will be posted at Wilmot Road to guide you in to this lovely garden room venue.
Heather Chalon, MPH, Master Trainer, TCHI
520-780-6751 (text preferred over voicemail)