3-Day Tai Chi for MEMORY & HEART CONDITIONS Instructor Training Workshop + Multiple Updates with Special Guest Presenter Rani Hughes & Tamara Bennett
When and Where
|Date:||12th - 14th Jul, 2019|
|Address:||The Sharda Centre
15 Percy Graham Drive
Join special guest Senior MT Rani Hughes & MT Tamara Bennett to learn and explore these exciting complementary two new TCH programmes
Tai Chi for Memory: An Empowering Programme for Everyone!
What is Tai Chi for Memory?
Studies have shown tai chi improves memory and brain health. Dr Lam's team merged medical research and traditional Chinese medicine with tai chi to create an easy to learn programme. It is especially useful for people with memory loss, Alzheimer's disease, or similar conditions. It is also designed to prevent these conditions.
Caring for people with memory loss is challenging for carers and family; this mind-body program engages everyone for a quality time together. It will improve most aspects of health including balance, immunity and relaxation, and can be practiced and enjoyed by anyone.
Tai Chi for Heart Conditions: An Empowering Programme to Improve and Prevent these Conditions!
What is Tai Chi for Heart Conditions?
Studies have shown tai chi improves most of heart conditions. Heart conditions are the number one killer for the western world, yet most of the conditions are preventable, and can be improved with a healthier lifestyle. Dr Lam’s team has incorporated medical research and traditional Chinese medicine into the ancient art of tai chi to create an effective programme. It can prevent or improve most heart conditions, as well improve balance, immunity and relaxation.
Anyone can enjoy this innovative mind body programme, it can be taught safely and effectively to people with heart conditions.
Reasons to Come
- Learn these TWO new complementary programmes, from TWO authorised Tai Chi for Health Institute Master Trainers
- Learn how to teach this programme safely and effectively
- Gain knowledge of "What is tai chi", and how it helps people with memory loss & heart conditions
- Deepen your understanding of tai chi principles
- Learn how to gently encourage and empower even the most debilitated participants
- Physical and occupational therapists may find it a useful tool for their patients/clients
- Useful tool for caregivers, resthome workers, community exercise programme instrcutors and more ...
- Learn the extension movements that can fit into any of Dr Lam’s Tai Chi for Health programmes
Who Will Benefit?
- Almost any can enjoy these unique programmes, simple but with depth. These are deeply empowering programmes, which can be taught to people with different levels of memory loss and heart conditions, or anyone wishing to use it to prevent these conditiona, or just an enjoyable programme to improve health and wellness.
- Tai Chi for Memory can improve and prevent memory loss, as well as helping caregivers and family members.
- Instructors can learn to teach these programmes to your participants who love any Tai Chi for Health programmes.
Who is eligible to attend this training?
Suitable participants include: Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Tai Chi teachers and advanced tai chi students, Nurses, Health professionals (eg. doctors or psychologists), Accredited Exercise Instructors, Certified Allied Health Assistants, caregivers.
If you would like to receive an attendance only certificate, anyone is welcome
Prepare by working with the Tai Chi for Memory DVD and the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book or ebook as much as possible. The DVD and book are essential requirements for certification for instructor of this programme. Materials are available from Tai Chi Productions NZ (20% discount for paid participants, discount code to be given at registration)
What To Wear
Wear layered loose comfortable clothes, flat flexible footwear suitable for exercise, and a smile ...
Board Certified Instructor fee is required on successful certification:
A TCHI Board Certified Instructor (BCI) is a person who has fulfilled the requirements, completed the training of a Tai Chi for Health programme, and is registered with the Tai Chi for Health Institute board.
The annual fee is payable direct to the Tai Chi for Health Institute (TCHI)
Following successful completion of an instructor training workshop, you will be required to register to become a TCHI Board Certified Instructor before teaching the programme (if not already a member). Annual fee is $25 AUD (Standard Membership) or $45 AUD (Premier Membership) regardless of the number of certificates you have.
For detailed information please read https://taichiforhealthinstitute.org/faq-for-becoming-a-board-certified-instructor/
Fee sections below:
- TCHC NZ Inc Member
- Resources Required
Registration Course Fee Includes: Three days tuition, morning and afternoon teas and certificate(s)
*Participants provide your own lunch
*Participants must have the required resources, see below
Cancellation administration fee $50 (transferable to a future workshop)
TCHC NZ Inc Member (10% Discount)
ADD TO CART Fri, Sat & Sun 12-14 July 2019 … 3 Days
Early Bird $405 incl GST (After 31 May 2019, $495 incl GST)
Not a member and want to Join TCHC NZ Inc … Click HERE
If you’re a TCHI Board Certified Instructor … enter code BCI-5% in the cart for another 5% off your cart total
ADD TO CART Fri, Sat & Sun 12-14 July 2019 … 3 Days
Early Bird $450 incl GST (After 31 May 2019, $550 incl GST)
Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book 2011 ($25 discounted price for workshop participants ONLY) ADD TO CART
Tai Chi for MEMORY DVD ($30 discounted price for workshop participants ONLY) ADD TO CART
Tai Chi for HEART CONDITIONS DVD ($30 discounted price for workshop participants ONLY) ADD TO CART
Note: A current First Aid certificate is recommended for all Tai Chi for Health Institute Instructors and workshop participants. Students are welcome to attend as course participants (Attendance certificate)
Refresher / Update(s)
ADD Additional Refresher/Updates to the workshop price for $35/each.
An assignment will be required and emailed after registration is received.
The Sharda Retreat Centre (15 Percy Graham Dr, Tuakau 2121)
Accommodation: Contact Tamara by email to book a room
$45/night room share with bedding
$35/nigh room share no bedding
- Communal kitchen onsite and Tuakau township is a 10 minutes walk to cafes, restaurants and shops
- Sharda is 35 minutes drive from the Auckland Airport. Buses and trains are available. Combining shuttle trips is a good idea … let Tamara before you book your flight and she will try to link you with other people from out of town.
Master Trainer Tamara Bennett
(64) 021 255 1087