Tai Chi for Heart Conditions instructor training workshop by Rani Hughes
When and Where
|Date:||3rd - 4th Aug, 2019|
|Address:||Span Community House
64 Clyde St
Tai Chi for Heart Conditions: An Empowering Program to Improve and Prevent these Conditions!
- What is Tai Chi for Heart Conditions?
- Reasons to come
- Who Will Benefit?
- Dr Paul Lam
- What To Wear
What is Tai Chi for Heart Conditions?
Studies have shown tai chi improves most of heart conditions. Heart conditions are the number one killer for the western world, yet most of the conditions are preventable, and can be improved with a healthier lifestyle. Dr Lam's team has incorporated medical research and traditional Chinese medicine into the ancient art of tai chi to create an effective program. It can prevent or improve most heart conditions, as well improve balance, immunity and relaxation.
- Learn this new program personally from Dr Lam with his colleagues
- Learn the extension movements that can fit into any of Dr Lam's Tai Chi for Health program
- Physical and occupational therapists may find it a useful tool for their patients/clients
- Learn how to gently encourage and empower participants with heart condtions
- Deepen your understanding of tai chi principles
- Be the first group of certified instructors for this program
- Useful tool for caregivers
- Almost anyone can enjoy this unique program, simple but with depth. This is a deeply empowering program, which can be taught to people with different levels of heart conditions, or anyone wishing to use it to prevent these condition, or just an enjoyable program to improve health and wellness.
- Instructors can learn to teach this program to your participants with or without heart conditions.
Dr Paul Lam, an Australian family physician and the Director of the Tai Chi for Health Institute, is a world leader in the field of tai chi for health. He has composed a series of Tai Chi for Health programs that bring health benefits to over ten million people. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.CDC.gov), health departments and Arthritis Foundations around the world recommend his program/s for fall prevention and improving health. He is the author of several best-selling books, instructional DVDs, and online Tai Chi lessons.
Dr Lam has been studying tai chi for over forty years. He is proficient in different styles and has created several Tai Chi for Health programs that have improved the health of millions of people worldwide.
He loves sharing tai chi and is one of the most sought after tai chi teachers having trained thousands of instructors.
Prepare by working with the Tai Chi for Heart Conditions DVD or the Online lessons and the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book or ebook as much as possible. The DVD/lessons and book are essential requirements for certification for instructor of this program. Materials are available from taichiproductions.com (20% discount for paid participants, discount code to be given at registration.)
Wear loose comfortable clothes and flat shoes suitable for exercise.
Current instructors can request Tai Chi for Health certificate updates with advance notice and submitting an assignment one month prior to the workshop. Cost: $45 per program.
NB Assignments submitted late incur an admin fee.
Dr. Paul Lam’s team merged medical research and traditional Chinese Medicine to create this new tai chi for health program. Heart conditions are the number one killer in the western world, studies show tai chi improves heart health. Anyone can enjoy this innovative mind body program, it can be taught safely and effectively to people with heart conditions as well as to others with a chronic condition.
At the conclusion of the workshop
· Learn how to teach this program safely and effectively
· Gain knowledge of what is Tai Chi and how it helps people with heart conditions
· Be able to perform the Tai Chi for Heart Conditions set
Who is eligible to attend this training?
Suitable participants include: Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Tai Chi teachers and advanced tai chi students, Nurses, Health professionals(eg doctors), Accredited Exercise Instructors, Certified Allied Health Assistants.
Tai Chi for Health updates
Current instructors can request Tai Chi for Health certificate updates with advance notice and submitting an assignment one month prior to the workshop. Cost: $45 per extra program.
Rani Hughes is an occupational therapist and master trainer in various Tai Chi for Health programs. She has been teaching and learning tai chi for over 20 years.
$430 instructor certification, early bird cost $400 (paid in full by 3rd June, 2019)
You can update other Tai Chi for Health progrmas for $45 per program, you need to complete a written assignment.
Each participant is required to purchase Tai Chi for Heart Conditions DVD ($29.95) or subscribe to Dr. Lam’s Online lessons at www.onlinetaichilessons.comto study the program prior to the workshop. "Teaching Tai Chi Effectively" by Dr. Paul Lam is the pre-reading for the workshop. This book is available as a hard copy book ($21.95) or e-book ($9.99 through Tai Chi Productions in Sydney Ph (02) 9533 6511 or www.taichiproductions.com.
Rani Hughes Ph 0409 164 396
Postal Address: 5 Robbs Pde, Northcote 3070