Tai Chi for Memory and Multiple Updates with Anastasia Yianni
When and Where
|Date:||21st - 22nd Mar, 2020|
|Address:||Exodus Hall Our Lady of Assumption Parish/School
9 Centre dandenong Road
Tai Chi for Memory: An Empowering Program for Everyone!
- What is Tai Chi for Memory?
- Reasons to come
- Who Will Benefit?
- Dr Paul Lam
- What To Wear
What is Tai Chi for Memory?
Studies have shown tai chi improves memory and brain health. Dr Lam's team merged medical research and traditional Chinese medicine with tai chi to create an easy to learn program. It is especially useful for people with memory loss, Alzheimer's disease, or similar conditions. It is also designed to prevent these conditions.
Caring for people with memory loss is challenging for carers and family; this mind-body program engages everyone for a quality time together. It will improve most aspects of health including balance, immunity and relaxation, and can be practiced and enjoyed by anyone.
- Learn this new program personally from Dr Lam with his colleagues
- Physical and occupational therapists may find it a useful tool for their patients/clients
- Useful tool for caregivers
- Learn how to gently encourage and empower even the most debilitated participants
- Deepen your understanding of tai chi principles
- Almost any can enjoy this unique program, simple but with depth. This is a deeply empowering program, which can be taught to people with different levels of memory loss.
- Tai Chi for Memory can improve and prevent memory loss, as well as helping caregivers and family members.
- Instructors can learn to teach this program to your participants who love any Tai Chi for Health program/s.
Dr Paul Lam, a family physician in Sydney, Australia, is a world leader in the field of tai chi for health improvement. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.gov) recommends his Tai Chi for Arthritis Program. Dr Lam has been studying tai chi for over forty years. He is proficient in different styles and has created several Tai Chi for Health programs that have improved the health of millions of people worldwide.
He is one of the most sought after tai chi teachers having trained thousands of instructors. Dr Lam has written several tai chi books including Teaching Tai Chi Effectively and Tai Chi for Beginners and the 24 Forms. His instructional DVDs are best sellers around the world.
Prepare by working with the Tai Chi for Memory DVD or the Online lessons and the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book or ebook as much as possible. The DVD/lessons and book are essential requirements for certification for instructor of this program. Materials are available from taichiproductions.com (20% discount for paid participants, discount code to be given at registration.)
Wear loose comfortable clothes and flat shoes suitable for exercise.
Current instructors can request Tai Chi for Health certificate updates with advance notice and submitting an assignment one month prior to the workshop.An administration fee applies and a written assignment must be submitted prior to the workshop.
NB Assignments submitted late incur an admin fee.
- Exercise Physiologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Tai Chi Teachers and Advanced Tai Chi Students
- Health Professionals (eg Doctors, Therapists)
- Accredited Exercise Instructors
- Certified Allied Health Assistants,
- People with experience in conducting exercises with no formal qualification under the supervision of a relevant health professional (contact Anastasia to discuss eligibility
- Familiarise yourself with the TCM movements
- Read Chapters 1, 4, 6 and 11 in the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively Book
- Participants to source independantly the Teaching book and DVD. Available from the TCHI website.
Wear flat secure shoes and comfortable clothing.
$400 Early Bird if paid by February 21 2020
$430 after February 21 2020
Updates: $45 per additional update
$55 per day If you are already current in TCM, not due to update and would like to attend for a practice session
50% discount if you would like to do the workshop and receive an Attendance Certificate only (not qualified to teach).
$75 cancellation fee
Once you register and pay a discount code can be provided to purchase the book and DVD.
Please register for the course and then ASAP email or ring Anastasia for payment details.
Note: Every effort is made to run the workshop as advertised however in the rare event that the workshop can not be facilitated a full refund will be given.
Parking on site and on neighbouring streets.
Light refreshments provided for morning and afternoon. Please self-cater for any dietary restrictions
BYO Lunch. Refrigerator available.
Approximately 400 metres to local shops and cafes.
Mobile: 0422 652 866