Tai Chi for Heart Conditions (Virtual) by Betty Scanlon
When and Where
|Date:||31 Jul 2021 - 1 Aug 2021|
|Address:||Virtual via Zoom
Tai Chi Chi for Heart Conditions: An Empowering Program to Improve and Prevent these Conditions!
What is Tai Chi for Heart Conditions?
Studies have shown tai chi improves most heart conditions. Heart conditions are the number one killer for the western world, yet most of the conditions are preventable, and can be improved with a healthier lifestyle. Dr Lam's team has incorporated medical research and traditional Chinese medicine into the ancient art of tai chi to create an effective program. It can prevent or improve most heart conditions, as well improve balance, immunity and relaxation.
- Learn this new program from one of Dr Lam's authorised Master Trainers
- Learn the extension movements that can fit into any of Dr Lam's Tai Chi for Health programs
- Physical and occupational therapists may find it a useful tool for their patients/clients
- Learn how to gently encourage and empower participants with heart condtions
- Deepen your understanding of tai chi principles
- Useful tool for caregivers
- Almost anyone can enjoy this unique program, simple but with depth. This is a deeply empowering program, which can be taught to people with different levels of heart conditions, or anyone wishing to use it to prevent these condition, or just as an enjoyable program to improve health and wellness.
- Instructors can learn to teach this program to your participants with or without heart conditions.
Prepare by working with the Tai Chi for Heart Conditions DVD or the Online lessons and the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book or ebook as much as possible. The DVD/lessons and book are essential requirements for certification for instructor of this program. Materials are available from taichiproductions.com (20% discount for paid participants, discount code to be given at registration.)
Wear loose comfortable clothes and flat shoes suitable for exercise.
Current instructors can request Tai Chi for Health certificate updates with advance notice and submitting an assignment prior to the workshop. A fee may apply - check with your Master Trainer.
NB: Assignments submitted late may incur an admin fee.
This workshop will be conducted via Zoom. Registration limited to 12 participants.
As the workshop will be held on Zoom, it is important that you have enough space that you can be seen from head-to-toe when performing the movements.
Work with the Tai Chi for Heart Conditions DVD or on-line lessons prior to the workshop. You will need to send a video of yourself performing the movements prior to the training, or attend a Tech Check meeting to demonstrate the movements.
Following the workshop, you will be scheduled for an individual Zoom session to review your form and the teaching method.
Those that are eligible for Instructor Qualification will be invited to join the Tai Chi for Health Institute. Your membership provides Instructor Certification to teach this form.
This workshop has been approved for Continuing Education hours:
15.5 CE Hours through the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
14 CE Hours through the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Mental Health Counseling
14 CE Hours through the Florida Board of Nursing
14 CE Hours through the Florida Board of Psychology
$220 without the training materials (DVD and Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book)
$265 with the Tai Chi for xxxxxx DVD and the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book (US participants only)
$125 Recertification fee
$125 Just for Fun fee - no training materials, no DVD, no certification
$30 each additional TCH recertification – must be arranged with Betty at time of registration
Virtual workshop held via Zoom
Workshop begins at 8:30 AM EDT (US Eastern time)
Betty Scanlon @ TaiChi@comcast.net
Call or text: 239-738-6058