Tai Chi for Memory and Heart Conditions Instructor Training with Dr Paul Lam
When and Where
|Date:||4th - 6th Sep, 2020|
|Address:||Elm-Bank Banqueting & Conference Centre
56 Half Edge Lane, Eccles
What is Tai Chi for Memory?
Studies have shown tai chi improves memory and brain health. Dr Lam's team merged medical research and traditional Chinese medicine with tai chi to create an easy to learn program. It is especially useful for people with memory loss, Alzheimer's disease, or similar conditions. It is also designed to prevent these conditions.
Caring for people with memory loss is challenging for carers and family; this mind-body program engages everyone for a quality time together. It will improve most aspects of health including balance, immunity and relaxation, and can be practiced and enjoyed by anyone.
What is Tai Chi for Heart Conditions?
Studies have shown tai chi improves most heart conditions. Heart conditions are the number one killer for the western world, yet most of these conditions are preventable, and can be improved with a healthier lifestyle. Dr Lam's team has incorporated medical research and traditional Chinese medicine into the ancient art of tai chi to create an effective program. It can prevent or improve most heart conditions, as well improve balance, immunity and relaxation.
Reasons to Come
- Learn this new program personally from Dr Lam with his colleagues
- Learn the extension movements that can fit into any of Dr Lam's Tai Chi for Health programs
- Physical and occupational therapists may find it a useful tool for their patients/clients
- Learn how to gently encourage and empower participants with heart conditions
- Deepen your understanding of tai chi principles
- Useful tool for caregivers
Who Will Benefit?
- Almost anyone can enjoy this unique program, simple but with depth. This is a deeply empowering program, which can be taught to people with different levels of heart conditions, or anyone wishing to use it to prevent these conditions, or just an enjoyable program to improve health and wellness.
- Instructors can learn to teach this program to their participants with or without heart conditions.
Dr Paul Lam,
An Australian family physician and the Director of the Tai Chi for Health Institute, is a world leader in the field of tai chi for health. He has composed a series of Tai Chi for Health programs which bring health benefits to over ten million people. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.CDC.gov), health departments and Arthritis Foundations around the world recommend his programs for fall prevention and improving health. He is the author of several best-selling books, instructional DVDs, and online tai chi lessons.
Dr Lam has been studying tai chi for over forty years. He is proficient in different styles and has created several Tai Chi for Health programs that have improved the health of millions of people worldwide.
Prepare by working with the Tai Chi for Heart Conditions or Memory DVD or the Online lessons and the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book or ebook as much as possible. The DVD/lessons and book are essential requirements for certification for instructor of this program. Materials are available from taichiproductions.com (20% discount for paid participants, discount code to be given at registration.)
What To Wear
Wear loose comfortable clothes and flat shoes suitable for exercise.
Current instructors can request Tai Chi for Health certificate updates with advance notice and submitting an assignment one month prior to the workshop. Prior notice is essential and an administration fee applies.
NB Assignments submitted late incur an admin fee.
Combined Workshop Discount: Register first for the Sun Style 73 Forms workshop on 3rd September to receive a £35 discount code for this workshop.
After booking the Sun 73 workshop, please check the confirmation page or your confirmation e-mail for the discount code, which you must use when registering for this workshop.
Early Bird until 30th June 2020:
- 3-Day Workshop - £295
From 1st July 2020:
- 3-Day Workshop - £320
Fees include course tuition, morning and afternoon tea, and attendance certificate.
*NOTE: Accommodation and updates are NOT included. Lunch can be arranged, please contact us.
- Until 31st July 2020 - a cancellation fee applies in the amount of £30.
- No refunds from 1st August 2020 onwards.
- Credit Card - click on the Register button on this page, and choose to pay by PayPal (a new window will open). On the PayPal page, if you do not have a PayPal account, click on the grey "Pay with a card" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Cheque, payable to:
- Nuala Perrin
- 9 Longwood Close, Lytham, Lancs, FY8 4RW, UK
Closing date: 3rd August 2020
Elm-Bank Banqueting & Conference Centre
46 Half Edge Lane,
Eccles, Manchester M30 9BA, United Kingdom
*Large Free Carpark at this venue. Easy access to Public Transport and Main Motorways. Hotels within easy reach.
Di at Tai Chi Productions
(02) 9533 6511
or in the UK
Anne Crichton - ph 07866485367 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Janice Green - ph 07879817121 (email@example.com)
Nuala Perrin - ph 07790158908 (firstname.lastname@example.org)