Tai Chi for Arthritis & Falls Prevention & Update with MT Linda Ebeling
When and Where
|Date:||24th - 25th Oct, 2020|
|Time:||8:00 - 4:00|
|Address:||Online via Zoom
Tai Chi for Arthritis& Falls Prevention Instructor Training Workshop led by Master Trainer Linda Ebeling, Updates available
This workshop will be held virtually viz Zoom on Oct 24 & 25, 2020 from 8:00 - 4:00
This workshop is part of a grant to train Instructors from Alaska in TCA FP, and is limited to residents of AK.
Updating Instructors are required to attend on October 25, but may attend on the 24th as well for additional form work without extra charge.
WAIVERS: Each participant will sign a Waiver & Release Form before taking part in this workshop.
After this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the TCA form and its warm-up and cool-down;
- Describe practical ways to integrate tai chi principles into existing interventions, exercises and activities;
- Differentiate ways to safely modify tai chi movements for an individual’s capabilities and limitations;
- Demonstrate how to teach tai chi, or any therapeutic movements, using the Stepwise Progressive Teaching Method; and
- Describe ways to use sequenced tai chi movements to help improve physical and psychological functional performance.
Steps to Becoming a TCA Instructor
- Watch TCA DVD or Onine lessons with Dr. Lam and practice forms before attending the TCA Instructor Training Workshop.
- Obtain a valid CPR certificate from an accredited course before teaching a TCA class.
- Pass the workshop post-test and be able to do the forms well and safely.
Participants are to view the DVD before attending the training and become familiar with the first six movements, and have completed reading Teaching Tai Chi Effectively.
Participants will also need to schedule time for pre and post workshop checks with the Master and Senior Trainers. Since this workshop is virtual, extra components are required.
WHAT TO WEAR: Loose, comfortable clothing withflat shoes suitable for exercise.
Please enclose registration fee of $100 and make check payable to:
Seward Senior Center, PO Box 1195, Seward, AK 99664.
Virtual via Zoom
After registration and payment, you will recieve a Zoom invitaion link for the pre and post checks and the workshop
Senior Trainer: Sarah Meitl, email@example.com
Master Trainer: Linda Ebeling, firstname.lastname@example.org