Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention by Darci Alexander PTA (PRIVATE Small Group)
When and Where
|Date:||28th - 29th Jan, 2021|
|Time:||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Address:||Virtual Workshop from CA for (private small group)
Workshop for (Closed Group) ~ Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention
IMPORTANT DETAILS BELOW - PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY and refer to your checklist sent by Danielle Riley!
Dr Paul Lam, a retired family physician and tai chi master, led a team of tai chi and medical specialists to create this evidence based program. It is enjoyable and safe for people with arthritis to learn. Medical studies have shown the program to relieve pain for people with arthritis and improve their quality of lives, as well as prevent falls for older adults. For this reason, the Arthritis Foundations around the world and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are giving it their full support. Although especially effective for arthritis and fall prevention, it is a great start for beginners to improve health and wellness.
Virtual - What's Different?
1. You get to attend this workshop from the comfort of your own home or office but there is preparation to be done well ahead of time!
2. Zoom Platform - Download the free Zoom app to a computer and not on a phone as it is too small of a screen. Review the tutorials so you will be familiar with it prior to the workshop.
3. Following the workshop, you will meet with the Master Trainer (Darci) for an individual Zoom session where you will teach her "Single Whip" using the Stepwise Progressive Teaching Method and demonstrate the forms. If you are a new instructor candidate, you will have a second follow up Zoom session a few weeks later.
4. Instead of the customary 15 minute tea breaks, we will have 5 minute breaks approximately every hour for a screen break. Please have a drink or snack nearby. We will have the customary 1 hour lunch break.
5. I will send you the TCAFP paperwork to complete BEFORE the workshop, and you will email them to me as well as a video of you performing the TCA routine from both discs. (This demonstration is preparatory and does not determine your certification.)
Preparation is required for Board Certification. It will take 20-40 hours to learn the program from the instructional DVDs or online lessons.
Prepare by working with the Tai Chi for Arthritis DVD or online lessons as much as possible. This will enable you to gain the maximum benefits and enjoyment from this workshop. This preparation is required for those seeking certification. You will need to submit a video of the TCA forms and complete the written paperwork prior to the workshop, due at least one week before the workshop date.
The book Teaching Tai Chi Effectively will be our text for this workshop. Review of the chapters 1, 4 and 6 is part of your preparation.
The dvd and texts are available at www.taichiproductions.com. Paid participants receive a 20% discount. A code will be given to you when your booking is confirmed and payment received.
Wear loose comfortable clothes and flat shoes suitable for exercise.
Who will be Certified to Teach the Program?
Participants who have met all requirements on completion of the workshop and individual Zoom session(s) will be eligible to be certified by the Tai Chi for Health Institute to teach this program. Please see the following links for details of the certification process: https://taichiforhealthinstitute.org/how-to-become-an-instructor-of-dr-lams-program-3/ and http://taichiforhealthinstitute.org/faq-for-becoming-a-board-certified-instructor/. A nominal fee is required and is under $19 USD.
Should you not be qualified for certification by the post-workshop Zoom session(s), you will have 2 additional weeks to complete requirements. There is an additional fee for post-workshop certification, so be sure to put in the time prior to the workshop to prepare.
2-day Instructor Training Workshop with Master Trainer
2 One-on-one Zoom Session(s) with Master Trainer following the workshop
$250 Early Bird Discounted Price
(space is limited so early registration is highly recommended to reserve your spot)
Cancellations are subject to a $50 administrative fee prior to January 14, 2021; after this, cancellations will be refunded at 50% of fees paid if requested.
Virtual Workshop on Zoom for Private Small Group Training
Master Trainer Darci Alexander