Virtual (Zoom) TCA 2 and Seated TCA Instructor Certification Training with Heather Chalon, MPH
When and Where
|Date:||6th - 7th Mar, 2021|
|Time:||Check In 8:30am AZ/MST, Workshop 9am-5pm AZ/MST, 8am-4pm PST, 10am-6pm CST, 11am-7pm EST|
|Address:||Virtual using Zoom Video Conferencing
along with pre and post workshop written and Zoom sessions
Tai Chi for Arthritis 2
What is Tai Chi for Arthritis 2?
Dr. Paul Lam and his team of medical and tai chi experts designed the Tai Chi for Arthritis program to be safe and effective for people with arthritis; it also provides health benefits and can improve almost anyone’s quality of life.
Millions of people around the world have gained health benefits from the TCA program. Many scientific studies have shown that the TCA program relieves pain, improves quality of life and makes people feel better. Studies also shown the program prevent falls; that is why the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.gov) recommends it for this purpose. It is supported by many Arthritis Foundations including the USA, Australia and UK.
TCA has twelve moves, and many people told Dr Lam they wanted a longer set to enhance their practice. Dr Lam has carefully selected a further 9 forms to add to the original TCA to create a more exciting set. Containing more sophisticated moves and subtle changes in direction, TCA2 is an ideal tool for beginners looking to expand their repertoire and develop their knowledge of the tai chi principles, and to gain more health benefits.
TCA2 is now an instructor qualifying workshop; check your insurance to make sure you are covered to teach the set without Board Certification. Dr Lam strongly recommends everyone to learn this more challenging set.
Reasons to Come
Become eligible to be Board Certified for TCA2
Improve your TCA set
Learn more depth of the tai chi principles
Develop your tai chi in a positive, enjoyable and interactive environment
Learn a more exciting and challenging set
Gain more material to share with your participants
Anyone is welcome to attend, but in order to get the most from the workshop participants need to be able to perform the set form memory. Non-instructors are welcome as this workshop is designed to enhance your knowledge and skills.
By the Completion of the Workshop you will:
Know the Tai Chi for Arthritis set at a deeper level
Understand how tai chi improves health and relaxation
Have improved your tai chi skill and knowledge
All participants will receive a "has completed" or "attendance" certificate
Wear loose comfortable clothes and flat shoes suitable for exercise.
NB: The name of the Master Trainer authorized by Dr Lam to conduct this workshop is displayed on the workshop location and details page.
Tai Chi for Health Program Updates
At this workshop instructors have an opportunity to update their other Tai Chi for Health certifications. You will need to complete a written assignment before the workshop, and an administration fee applies.
This workshop will be held virtually via Zoom on March 6 & 7, 2021 Check in 8:30am AZ/MST. Workshop 9am-5pm AZ/MST (8-5 PST, 10-6 CST, 11-7 EST) each day.
TCA 2 (first time certification and updates) Saturday, March 6
Seated TCA ( first time cerification and updates) Sunday, March 7
Welcome. How wonderful that you are taking this step to serve people in your community by learning to safely and effectively teach Tai Chi for Arthritis 2 & Seated Tai Chi for Arthritis to add depth and breadth to your personal tai chi skills as well as your Tai Chi for Health Instructor skills. Many people who teach Seated TCA are amazed at how much depth they gain for themselves and their participants. STCA engages the mind body connection and is fun to play with all skill levels and abilities so it makes for a great bridge in mixed level classes and for bringing new participants into an existing class. TCA2 will offer you and your participants new challenges and opportunities for fun times together by adding additional moves and new skills for depth of the core set.
Participants must either be already certified in Tai Chi for Arthritis or TCA for Falls Prevention, or will become certified prior to this workshop. See my listing for TCA/TCAFP January 30-31 2021 or go to another MT's workshop.
Dates and Times: Saturday-Sunday, March 6-7. 8am-3:30pm PST, 9am-4:30pm MST/AZ, 10am-5:30pm CST, 11am-6:30am EST.
This training will be delivered in a virtual format using the Zoom platform along with plenty of support for your preparation, training days, and final steps to bring you to completion of your certification process. Along the way, we will go deeper with TCA & TCAFP skills and how to take our participants into a rich tai chi experience.
Please download Zoom Client right away if you have not already used it. If you have already downloaded, please make sure you have a current version. The free version is sufficient. We will run some practice sessions prior to the workshop so everyone is comfortable prior to and support will be on hand during the two-day training. Zoom offers free online trainings on how to use the platform and you are encouraged to take a little time to become familiar with Zoom function for your own confidence and comfort so your awareness can be focused on enjoying the training.
Our event coordinator will send you a discount code for 20% off your order with your welcome letter within 48 hours of receiving your registration and payment along with further information and links to resources for your preparations.
- Preparation for Virtual Instructor Training
- You must work with the TCA2 and STCA DVDs or on-line lessons
- Participants are required to have a copy of the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book
- Review the text, especially the chapters on safety, teaching effectively, Stepwise Progressive Teaching Method and Working with Chronic Conditions as part of your preparation.
- Virtual Training Platform: Zoom Meetings – Master Trainer and all Participants will be ‘live and visible’ during the entire training.
- CURRENT Tai Chi for Arthritis Instructor Or TCAFP Instructor
- Please download Zoom (you may use the free version)
- Participants must use a tablet or computer with a camera to participate.
- Phones are not allowed as the screen will be too small.
- You must be present for all of the training.
- You cannot turn off your camera or put up a photo in place of having the camera on.
- We will take frequent mini breaks.
- Participants must have a space large enough that they can be seen from head to toe throughout the workshop.
- If available, I recommend using a USB connection to a larger screen or your television, so you have a larger image.
- Pre and Post 2-Day Instructor Training
- You will be provided options for Zoom sessions for pre-workshop and post-workshop check ins with Master Trainer and Senior Trainers to ensure basic competencies, safety, and training environment considerations have been met.
- Certifications will be awarded once all training requirements and zoom sessions have been completed.
- Upon teaching will make sure to have CPR/First Aid Certification.
TCA 2 and Seated TCA First-time certification (Saturday and Sunday) $285
TCA 2 First-time certification (Saturday) $150
Seated TCA First-time certification (Sunday) $150
Update TCA 2 (Saturday) $135
Update Seated TCA (Sunday) $135
Update TCA 2 & Seated TCA (Saturday and Sunday) $250
Update Your Certification(s): Please contact local Master Trainer for tuition rates and instructions on completing a correspondence update. If you do not have a regular contact with a Master Trainer, I will be happy to work with you on your recertification options.
Continuing Education Credits/Units Available. Cost $40.00 for 14 contact hours (2 days).
CANCELLATION FEE. $50 per person, if cancellation is submitted within 3 days of registration in writing and confirmed, via email to email@example.com. More than two weeks out from workshop, 50% refund. Within two weeks of workshop date, no refund.
Payment: You will not be asked for payment when your submit this registration. You will be emailed a confirmation by TCHI. Thank you for then taking immediate step to submit payment to me.
1) Mail check or money order to Heather Chalon, 1700 E River Road #64422, Tucson, Arizona 85718 (mail is slower these days, please notify me by email when you post your check).
2) PayPal, paypal.me/heatherchalon. Or, PayPal, Send Money Option using email address Heather@heatherchalon.com. NOTE: Please make a notation within the transaction to identify the purpose of the transaction "TCA2/STCA 3/6/2021" .
This is a virtual workshop using the Zoom video conference platform. Please download Zoom client, free version is sufficient. If you are new to the Zoom platform, I recommend partaking of Zoom’s free guides and lessons which can help you feel confident quickly.
Find an indoor space suitable for practice and experiment with Zoom so you can learn how to stay within frame. I will need to see you head to toe. Painters tape on the floor or a suitable area rug may be helpful for outlining the area you will use. Connection to a monitor or TV for ease of viewing is highly recommended. USB connections are a low cost way to connect to many TVs.
We will have opportunities to practice together prior to training days so we can all enjoy the experience in a safe and welcoming environment.
Workshop coordinators: Senior Trainer Judy Safarewitz, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Senior Trainer Terry Crews, email@example.com
Master Trainer: Heather Chalon, MPH, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone numbers will be provided with your welcome email.
Upon registration, check your email (including your junk/spam mail boxes) frequently for emails from Heather Chalon, Judy Safarewitz, Terry Crews and TCHI.