Virtual (Zoom) Tai Chi for Arthritis, TCA for Falls Prevention Instructor Training & Re-certification Training with Heather Chalon, MPH
When and Where
|Date:||30th - 31st Jan, 2021|
|Time:||Check In 8:30am AZ/MST, Workshop 9am-5pm AZ/MST, 8am-4pm PST, 10am-6pm CST, 11am-7pm EST|
|Address:||Virtual using Zoom Video Conference
along with pre and post workshop written and Zoom sessions
NOTE: As of January 13, registration is WAIT LIST ONLY, with pre-requisite of either being already familiar with the TCA and TCA for Falls Prevention movements or already TCHI certified in another program. If you are seeking further training, please see registration info for Seated TCA and TCA2 Instructor Certification option: https://taichiforhealthinstitute.org/workshops/workshop/?workshop_id=5730. Join my mailing list to be notified of future dates by signing up at https://heatherchalon.com/contact/ and view other MT listings on this site.
Welcome. I am delighted that you are taking this step to serve people in your community by learning to safely and effectively teach the Tai Chi for Health Institute’s flagship, evidence based, CDC and NCOA recommended program.
This training will be delivered in a virtual format using the Zoom platform along with plenty of support for your preparation, training days, and final steps to bring you to completion of your certification process.
Please download Zoom right away if you have not already used it. If you have already downloaded, please make sure you have a current version. The free version is sufficient. We will run some practice sessions prior to the workshop so everyone is comfortable prior to and support will be on hand during the two-day training. Zoom offers free online trainings on how to use the platform and you are encouraged to take a little time to become familiar with Zoom function for your own confidence and comfort so your awareness can be focused on enjoying the training.
Our event coordinator will send you a discount code for 20% off your order with your welcome letter within 48 hours of receiving your registration along with further information and links to resources for your preparations.
Preparation is required - plan on at least 20 hours.
1) Participants are required to obtain a copy of the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book and the Tai Chi for Arthritis 2-DVD set or subscribe to Online lessons for Tai Chi for Arthritis. All training support materials can be acquired through www.taichiproductions.com. I You may begin right away with Lesson 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAOuEpa01j4 and by reading Chapter 4 of the Book – on Teaching Safely, at https://taichiforhealthinstitute.org/safety-first/
2) At least 10 days prior to the workshop, you will submit to me a simple video to demonstrate you are familiar (not perfect) with the warmup, cool down routines and Basic 6 forms - for your safety and comfort during the training days.
3) You will be provided options for Zoom sessions for pre-workshop and post-workshop check ins with Master Trainer and Senior Trainers to ensure basic competencies, safety, and training environment considerations have been met.
Master Trainer, facilitators, and all participants will be ‘live and visible’ during the entire training
14 hours of training (2 Days – similar to in-person trainings)
Current version of Zoom Client platform, free version is downloaded and ready for use
Participants must use a table or computer with a camera to participate. Not phones.
Ideally a monitor or TV can be attached to device for ease of viewing instructor and group.
You must be present for the entire training – camera on, except during breaks and lunch.
You must be seen from head to toe – please create a safe space for movement, with few if any distractions.
If possible, connect a large screen or television so you can see easily.
We will take frequent refresh breaks, and we will be moving – not sitting watching a screen
Tuition: $295. Includes Tai Chi for Arthritis, Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention Certification. Training materials are not included. Participants will receive a 20% discount code to use when ordering Tai Chi for Arthritis DVD and Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book.
Additional: Upon completion and online award of completion by MT, you will be contacted by Tai Chi for Health Institute and invited to complete your certification process by becoming a member of the Institute – Board Certified Member, with an annual fee of $25 Australian (approximately $18 USA). https://taichiforhealthinstitute.org/faq-for-becoming-a-board-certified-instructor/
Update Your Certification(s): Please contact local Master Trainer for tuition rates and instructions on completing a correspondence update. If you do not have a regular contact with a Master Trainer, I will be happy to work with you on your recertification options.
- Training / New Instructor Certification. Cost $295/person.
- Continuing Education Credits/Units Available. Cost $40.00 for 14 contact hours (2 days).
CANCELLATION FEE. $50 per person, if cancellation is submitted within 3 days of registration in writing and confirmed, via email to email@example.com. More than two weeks out from workshop, 50% refund. Within two weeks of workshop date, no refund.
Payment: You will not be asked for payment when your submit this registration. You will be emailed a confirmation by TCHI. Thank you for then taking immediate step to submit payment to me.
1) Mail check or money order to Heather Chalon 1700 E River Road #64422, Tucson, Arizona 85718 (mail is slower these days, please notify me by email when you post your check)
2) PayPal, paypal.me/heatherchalon. Or, PayPal, Send Money Option using email address Heather@heatherchalon.com. NOTE: Please make a notation within the transaction to identify the purpose of the transaction "TCAFP Virtual Jan 30-31" .
This is a virtual workshop using the Zoom video conference platform. Please download Zoom client, free version is sufficient. If you are new to the Zoom platform, I recommend partaking of Zoom’s free guides and lessons which can help you feel confident quickly.
Find an indoor space suitable for practice and experiment with Zoom so you can learn how to stay within frame. I will need to see you head to toe. Painters tape on the floor or a suitable area rug may be helpful for outlining the area you will use. Connection to a monitor or TV for ease of viewing is highly recommended. USB connections are a low cost way to connect to many TVs.
We will have opportunities to practice together prior to training days so we can all enjoy the experience in a safe and welcoming environment.
Workshop coordinators: Senior Trainer Judy Safarewitz firstname.lastname@example.org and Senior Trainer Terry Crews email@example.com
Master Trainer: Heather Chalon, MPH firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone numbers will be provided with your welcome email