Tai Chi for Arthritis & Falls Prevention & Updates with Linda Ebeling
When and Where
|Date:||26th - 27th Feb, 2022|
|Time:||8:30 - 5:00|
13701 Harry Mc Donald Rd
Tai Chi for Arthritis for Fall Prevention
What is Tai Chi for Arthritis for Fall Prevention?
Dr Paul Lam and his team of medical and tai chi experts designed this program to be safe and effective for people who are at increased risk of falling. It will also provide health benefits and improve almost anyone’s quality of life.
Based on the Sun style of tai chi, Tai Chi for Arthritis for Fall Prevention (TCAFP) is easy to learn, effective and safe. It improves flexibility, muscle strength, increases heart/lung activity, aligns posture, improves balance, and integrates the mind and body.
The TCAFP program includes warm up and cool down exercises, the teaching method, knowledge about arthritis and the cause of falls, and how to teach this program safely. This program is the same as the Tai Chi for Arthritis program with the addition of a specialized module to further enhance its efficacy in preventing falls.
Qualified participants who successfully complete the course will be eligible to become Board Certified to teach this program.
Thousands of people around the world have gained health benefits from the TCAFP program. Many scientific studies have shown that the program relieves pain, improves quality of life and make people feel better. Studies also shown the program prevent falls; that is why the Center of Disease Control and Prevention recommends it for this purpose. It is supported by many Arthritis Foundations including the USA, Australia and UK.
Reasons to Come
- Learn how to teach this program effectively and safely
- Discover how tai chi improves health and arthritis
- Learn Dr Lam's Stepwise Progressive Teaching Method
- Gain essential knowledge about arthritis and fall prevention
- Learn about the essential principles of tai chi
- Improve your level of tai chi in a positive, enjoyable and interactive environment
Anyone is welcome to attend, but in order
to be eligible to be certified as an instructor, please check
the recommended qualifications listed below.
- Physical therapists or physiotherapists
- Tai chi teachers or advanced students
- Exercise instructors
- Other similar professionals
Participants will receive either an attendance or instructor/leader’s certificate.
By the Completion of the Workshop you will:
- Know the Tai Chi for Arthritis for Fall Prevention set at a deeper level
- Understand how tai chi improves health and relaxation and helps to prevent falls
- Have learned how to teach this program effectively and safely
- Have improved your tai chi skill and knowledge
- Have learned how to attract and retain more students
Wear loose comfortable clothes and flat shoes suitable for exercise.
NB: The name of the Master Trainer authorized by Dr Lam to conduct this workshop is displayed on the workshop location and details page.
Tai Chi for Health Program Updates
At this workshop instructors have an opportunity to update their other Tai Chi for Health certifications. Please contact the organising MT for details.
For Australia only
If you are currently qualified as an Instructor through the National Martial Arts Instructor Accreditation Scheme, you will be qualified as a Tai Chi for Health Instructor upon successful completion of the program. All other persons will be qualified as Leaders of the program.
Australian Physiotherapy Association
This course is accredited by the Australian Physiotherapy Association. For more details please contact the organiser.
This course is accredited by Fitness Australia. For more details please contact the organiser.
For USA only - Optional Continuing Education Hours Available
The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “Tai Chi for Health Institute” meets the
criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (2018 December 2021). Approved Providers and their content reflect the
concepts of their respective organizations and do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of ACSM. Providership # 701292.
ACSM approved providership of this program does not imply endorsement of the sponsoring organization’s products/services.”
Tai Chi for Arthritis& Falls Prevention Instructor Training Workshop Facilitated by Master Trainer Linda Ebeling, Updates available
February 26 & 27, 2022, Anchorage Alaska
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Check-in starts at 8:30 a.m.)
This workshop is part of a grant to train Instructors from Alaska in TCA FP, some travel scholarships are available
What Will Participants Learn?
After this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the TCA FP form and its warm-up and cool-down;
- Describe practical ways to integrate tai chi principles into existing interventions, exercises and activities;
- Differentiate ways to safely modify tai chi movements for an individual’s capabilities and limitations;
- Demonstrate how to teach tai chi, using the Stepwise Progressive Teaching Method
Steps to Becoming a TCA Instructor
- Watch TCA FP DVD and practice forms before attending the TCA FP Instructor Training Workshop.
- Obtain a valid CPR certificate from an accredited course before teaching a TCA FP class.
- Pass the workshop test and form check
- Participants must be willing to teach at a local area senior center for 6 months to be eligible for a scholarship.
Participants are to view the DVD before attending the training and become familiar with the first six movements, and have completed reading Teaching Tai Chi Effectively.
WHAT TO WEAR: Loose, comfortable clothing withflat shoes suitable for exercise.
Lunch on your own
This workshop is part of a grant to train Instructors from Alaska in TCA FP, some travel scholarships are available.
Tai Chi brochure, registration and travel scholarships forms are available by emailing [email protected] to request application.
Travel scholarships are available for limited students who live at least 45 miles away from the workshop; to cover airfare, road travel and 2 to 3 nights hotel stay. The student must be willing to teach at a local area senior center for 6 months to be eligible for a scholarship.
Cost of the workshop: $100.00
Registration forms are available by emailing [email protected] to request a registration and scholarship form.
Upon registration, the student will receive the TCA DVD and Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book.
2-Day Workshop Fee: $100
Update Feb 27 fee:$100, Updating instructors may attend both days for the same price and enrichment
The registration deadline for workshop is February 4, 2022.
CEUs available for $30.00, payable at workshop
COST OF TRAINING INCLUDES
- Tai Chi for Arthritis DVD
- Book: Teaching Tai Chi Effectively
- Tai Chi for Arthritis Certificate
- Discount on Tai Chi Productions items
- LUNCH ON YOUR OWN
McDonald Center, 13701 Harry McDonald Rd, Eagle River, AK