Zoom Tai Chi for Heart Conditions instructor training workshop by Rani Hughes
When and Where
|Date:||2nd - 9th Sep, 2022|
|Time:||9.00-5.00pm both days (Melbourne based times)|
|Address:||Online - Zoom platform
Tai Chi Chi for Heart Conditions: An Empowering Program to Improve and Prevent these Conditions!
What is Tai Chi for Heart Conditions?
Studies have shown tai chi improves most heart conditions. Heart conditions are the number one killer for the western world, yet most of the conditions are preventable, and can be improved with a healthier lifestyle. Dr Lam's team has incorporated medical research and traditional Chinese medicine into the ancient art of tai chi to create an effective program. It can prevent or improve most heart conditions, as well improve balance, immunity and relaxation.
Reasons to Come
- Learn this new program from one of Dr Lam's authorised Master Trainers
- Learn the extension movements that can fit into any of Dr Lam's Tai Chi for Health programs
- Physical and occupational therapists may find it a useful tool for their patients/clients
- Learn how to gently encourage and empower participants with heart condtions
- Deepen your understanding of tai chi principles
- Useful tool for caregivers
Who Will Benefit?
- Almost anyone can enjoy this unique program, simple but with depth. This is a deeply empowering program, which can be taught to people with different levels of heart conditions, or anyone wishing to use it to prevent these condition, or just as an enjoyable program to improve health and wellness.
- Instructors can learn to teach this program to your participants with or without heart conditions.
Prepare by working with the Tai Chi for Heart Conditions DVD or the Online lessons and the Teaching Tai Chi Effectively book or ebook as much as possible. The DVD/lessons and book are essential requirements for certification for instructor of this program. Materials are available from taichiproductions.com (20% discount for paid participants, discount code to be given at registration.)
What To Wear
Wear loose comfortable clothes and flat shoes suitable for exercise.
Current instructors can request Tai Chi for Health certificate updates with advance notice and submitting an assignment prior to the workshop. A fee may apply - check with your Master Trainer.
NB: Assignments submitted late may incur an admin fee.
On successful completion of this two day intensive workshop, you will be provided with the necessary skills and knowledge to conduct safe and effective modified tai chi for heart conditions classes. Tai Chi for Heart Conditions is a program especially designed by Dr. Paul Lam in conjunction with a team of medical specialists and tai chi experts. Based on the Sun, Chen and Yang style Tai Chi, Tai Chi for Heart is easy to learn, effective and safe. The program aims to improve overall heart health and wellness.
At the conclusion of the workshop
- Learn how to teach this program safely and effectively
- Gain knowledge of what is Tai Chi and how it helps people with heart conditions
- Be able to perform the Tai Chi for Heart Conditions set
Who is eligible to attend this training?
Suitable participants include: Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Tai Chi teachers and advanced students, Nurses, Health professionals (eg doctors), Accredited ExerciseInstructors, Certified Allied Health Assistants.
Rani Hughes is an occupational therapist and master trainer in various Tai Chi for Health programs. Rani enjoys teaching and has trained hundreds of Tai Chi for Health instructors. She has taught tai chi for over twenty years to a diverse range of people including people with arthritis, diabetes and people experiencing mental illness. She has taught tai chi across Australia, New Zealand, Sth Korea, Sri Lanka and India.
Prepare by working with the Tai Chi for Heart Conditions DVD (or online lessons) as much as possible.It is recommended a minimum of 10 hrs of practice with the DVD. It will enable you to gain the maximum benefits and enjoyment from this workshop.
The book "Teaching Tai Chi Effectively" will be our text for this workshop. Review of this text, and especially the chapters on safety, teaching effectively, Stepwise Progressive Teaching Method
You need to purchase these products yourself. Once workshop payment has been received, you will be forwarded a discount code to purchase these items.
$430 instructor certification
$50 per Tai Chi for Health Updates if you are attending the 2-day course.
If you are attending Day 2 as an update only, it costs $200 for your first update and $50 for subsequent updates.
An invoice with payment details will be sent on registration
online - Zoom platform. Melbourne based times
Phone: 0409 164 396